Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Project in the Works
I've been working on this Battenberg lace piece for months now and thought it would be fun to share with you...I only have about another 1,000 beads to go!
I took this old lace tablecloth and placed it on black cotton velvet and stitched it down around the edges. I quilted the feathers in the velvet but unfortunately they didn't show up. I remember what Elaine Miller did (earlier post) with her tablecloth so I decided to add black beads to the spine of every single feather...what was I thinking??? I finally got done with that this past week and am now adding freshwater pearls to the entire piece. I also didn't care for how the flower showed up so I thought why not add a few hundred more beads and am now adding itty-bitty freshwater pearls to the flower to make it pop as well.
Some call handwork therapy but I'm not so sure sometimes...I think I'll definitely need it when this is done!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
It's absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous idea and a wonderful heirloom as well.
Wow - it's going to be beautiful. I just love your ideas and I've started a project of my own based on some of your ideas. The beading alone on this project - you must have really good eyes and the patience of a saint! What a treasure it will be.
Post a Comment